Partial Agreements are not international treaties but merely a particular form of co-operation within the Organisation. They allow member States of the Council of Europe to abstain from participating in a certain activity advocated by other member States.
From a statutory point of view, a partial agreement remains an activity of the Organisation in the same way as other programme activities, except that a partial agreement has its own budget and working methods which are determined solely by the members of the partial agreement.
Azerbaijan participates in the following partial agreements of the Council of Europe:
- International Cooperation Group on Drugs and Addictions (Pompidou Group)
- Co-operation Group for the Prevention of, Protection Against, and Organisation of Relief in Major Natural and Technological Disasters (EUR-OPA)
- European Centre for Global Interdependence and Solidarity (North-South Centre)
- Partial Agreement on Youth Mobility through the Youth Card
- Enlarged Partial Agreement on Sport (EPAS)
- Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes (EPA)
- European Commission for Democracy through Law (Venice Commission)
- Group of States against Corruption (GRECO)
Last update: 16.05.2022